There are a few types of Meranti, red, yellow and white.
The timber is suitable for light to medium construction, posts, beams, joists, rafters, door and window frames and sills, planking, staircase, paneling, mouldings, partitioning, furniture, flooring, decking, railway sleepers, tool handles (non impact), disposable chopsticks, vehicle bodies (framework, floor boards and planking), ship and boat building and plywood.
- Thicknesses of 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm
- Widths of 25mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 175mm, 200mm
- Lengths of 3-6ft & 8ft and up
- Dark Red Meranti - Light Hardwood with a density of 415-885 kg/m3 air dry
- White Meranti - Light Hardwood with a density of 495-995 kg/m3 air dry
- Yellow Meranti - Light Hardwood with a density of 575-735 kg/m3 air dry
- Not durable